Rewrites play a crucial role in the craft of screenwriting. Your first draft is often your worst, but sometimes terrible rewrites can make a bad script even worse. Too many novice screenwriters focus solely on finishing the first draft. While this is a major accomplishment, it’s only the beginning.
Mastering the art of the rewrite is essential to a screenwriter’s career prospects. In this industry, a skilled re-writer is well ahead of the crowd. Once you become highly skilled at revising and polishing your own spec scripts, your odds of breaking through increase massively. Not only will mastering this skill enhance the quality of your screenplays, but it will allow you to write many more polished scripts in a shorter amount of time.
In this live four-week intensive course, pro screenwriter Conor Kyle teaches you the organization skills, discipline, and craft techniques you need to turn your rough draft into a polished feature screenplay or TV pilot. The Rewrite Bootcamp meets weekly on Saturdays from February 5 through February 26. You’ll attend a two-hour class session each week in which we’ll walk through the entire process of analyzing and revising your script.
How to enroll in the Rewrite Bootcamp:
• You can either purchase this course “a la carte”
• Or start your free trial Unlimited Script Camp membership (includes access to four bootcamps each week, plus several supplemental weekday classes, over 60 hours of live classes per month): https://scriptcamp.net/membership/
• Then join us on discord, meet Conor and your fellow students: https://discord.gg/mUtQKbtsgb
About the Instructor:
Conor Kyle has written for Shudder’s Creepshow (2019) and placed twice in the Nicholl Fellowship with his scripts “Peter and the Wolves” (quarterfinals, also Launchpad top 10) and The Tube (semifinals). His screenplays have also been featured on the annual Hit List, Young & Hungry List, Spec Book, and on Tracking Board’s “Best Writers of the Year” booklet. He writes everything from stage musicals to Westerns to horror movies.
Complete 4-week Rewrite Bootcamp Schedule:
- Week 1: Giving/Taking Notes + The Re-Outline (Feb 5)
- Week 2: Editing Your Outline + Structure & Pacing (Feb 12)
- Week 3: Passes for Character, Dialogue & Action (Feb 19)
- Week 4: Polish / Nailing the Tone (Feb 26)
There are no reviews yet.